2 tsp vegetable oil
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 large garlic clove(s), crushed
1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces
2 cup mushroom(s), small, halved
1/3 cup canned chicken broth (can also substitute dry white wine for the broth)
1/4 tsp dried thyme, crumbled
1. In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil.
2. In a medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar, the mustard and garlic. Add chicken and turn to coat.
3. Transfer chicken and marinade to skillet. Sauté chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.
4. Heat remaining teaspoon of oil in skillet. Sauté mushrooms for 1 minute. Add broth, thyme and remaining tablespoon of vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are deep brown, about 2 minutes longer.
5. Serve chicken topped with mushrooms.