This is an amazing beef stroganoff recipe. It tastes wonderful and makes a huge batch. Serve it over rice or egg noodles.
2 pounds steak or beef tenderloin
1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup minced onion
¼ cup butter (I only use a tablespoon)
2 (10 ½ oz.) cans beef stock (low sodium)
¼ cup catsup
2 small cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup flour
2 cups dairy sour cream (fat free)
Cooked rice or egg noodles (I like No Yolks brand)
1. Cut meat into bite-sized pieces.
2. In skillet, cook and stir mushrooms and onion in butter until onion is tender; remove mushrooms and onion.
3. In the same skillet, brown meat lightly on both sides.
4. Set aside ¾ cup beef stock; add remaining stock, catsup, and garlic to skillet; stir to mix with meat.
5. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
6. Blend reserved stock and flour; stir into meat mixture.
7. Add mushrooms and onion.
8. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute.
9. Stir in sour cream; heat to serving temperature.
Serve over rice.