This is one of those recipes you read on the side of the Bisquick box and end up really loving. It's easy, filling, and tastes wonderful! I, of course, modified the ingredients to make it lower in fat and calories. I never use regular pork sausage anymore. I love turkey sausage. It's so tasty and isn't greasy like regular sausage.
1 lb turkey sausage
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2% milk kind)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup lowfat Bisquick
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain sausage mixture on paper towels.
2. Spoon sausage mixture into a greased 9-inch pie plate.
3. Top with shredded cheese.
4. In a small bowl, combine eggs and milk.
5. In another small bowl place biscuit mix; gradually whisk egg mixture into biscuit mix until combined.
6. Slowly pour egg mixture over the cheese.
7. Bake in a 400ºF oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
8. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.