Sunday, May 9, 2010
Cheesy Potato Bites
1 1/2 lb. potatoes, peeled and quartered
4 T. butter or margarine
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. flour
1 egg, beaten
1 t. salt
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. black pepper
1 c. breadcrumbs
1. Place the potatoes in a large pot filled with cold water. Bring to a boil and boil until potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to the pot. Let sit for 2-3 minutes, just to absorb any liquid still left on the potatoes.
2. Add the butter or margarine to the pot and mash with the potatoes. Transfer the mashed potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the cheese, flour, egg and seasonings to the mixing bowl. Stir to combine well.
4. Using 1-2 tablespoons of potato mixture at a time, roll into a ball. Roll the balls into the breadcrumbs until covered completely and place on a baking sheet. Repeat until done.
5. Drizzle the potato bites with some melted butter or spritz with baking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, until golden brown and lightly crunchy.
This recipe should make about 3 dozen potato bites, depending on the size.
To freeze the potato bites, flash freeze on a large dish or baking sheet until firm, then transfer to a plastic freezer bag.
Recipe Source - Cooking During Stolen Moments