I'm usually not one to eat cookies that don't have chocolate, but these are actually quite amazing!
2 boxes lemon cake mix
1 C butter, melted
1 T fresh lemon juice
1 12 oz package white chocolate chips
1/2 t shortening
1. Melt the butter and add it to the cake mixes. Mix together. Add eggs and mix together.
2. Add lemon juice to mixture.
3. Mix with a wooden spoon or electric mixer until combined.
4. Add all but 1/2 C of the white chocolate chips; mix until incorporated evenly.
5. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls or use a cookie scoop; place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. (I had to cook mine a bit longer.) Be careful not to over bake. Take the cookies out of the oven when they have cracked on the top. Then let them finish cooking on the hot cookie sheet for about 2 minutes. Put on a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
6. Melt the remaining 1/2 C of white chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add the shortening to the chips and stir. If they aren't melting put them in the microwave for another 30 seconds and stir. Don't get it too hot or it will coagulate.
7. Drizzle the white chocolate over the tops of the cooled cookies with a spoon.
Makes 4 dozen
Recipe adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up