My friend Miranda used to make something similar to these with boxed brownie mix. This is definitely a decadent treat.3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 extra large (8 oz.) Symphony chocolate bars with toffee and almonds (you may not use all the chocolate, but you'll get to eat the extra!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and salt.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and remove from heat. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Quickly whisk in eggs, one at a time.
- Add butter mixture to flour mixture and stir until well blended.
- Spread half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Top the batter with a layer of the Symphony bars, breaking them apart as needed for even coverage.
- Spread the remaining batter over the chocolate bars. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brownies are set.
- Cool completely before slices into squares to serve.